In my blog, you will see everything from thoughts on AEC (Architecture/Engineering/Construction) to personal stories of family, motivation, love and life’s daily challenges.
On any given day, who knows which voice in my head will prevail. I likely will not write about it if I don’t feel strongly about it.
What you will not see here are discussions about politics or hot button social issues. I believe what I believe and I respect your right to do the same.
- It is rumored I am in my 40’s.
- I have 4 grown children. The youngest is in college.
- My career has been solely in the AEC Industry.
- I do or have done just about everything but draw or pound a hammer in this business.
- I am very involved in CSI (Construction Specifications Institute). I am the President of the Portland Chapter and Chair of the Institute Certification Prep Committee.
- Some call me The Kraken.
- My children are my greatest accomplishment.
- I have entered my 2nd childhood and am loving every minute of it.
- I love to read and music feeds my soul.
- I can be a bit of a thrill seeker.
- I am hopelessly optimistic.
- I love people but I let very few “in”.
- When I love, I love all the way.
- My friend criteria: We click and you are a good person. Any other circumstance you have does not matter to me. It is likely we will be friends for life.
- I am a people watcher, I notice the little things and have a good memory.
- I can’t stand it if I am not constantly learning something new.
- I might be a little Type A, but in a good way. I love a good challenge.
- I will drop everything for someone I care about if they need me.
- I firmly believe that one person can change the world.
- Give me a frosty drink, a white sandy beach and a palm tree and I might actually relax.
- I am easily bored.
- I need to believe in what I do or I have difficulty engaging in it.
- I don’t suffer fools lightly and can be a bit impatient.
- Sometimes I procrastinate.
- I wear my heart on my sleeve.
- I am an early riser but not a morning person. You are not safe the 1st hour I am awake if you fall into my orbit.
- I can be just a tad sarcastic.
- When I’m done, I’m done.