Once again, it’s that time where many people are reflecting on their progress with last year’s resolutions and making up a list for the New Year.
Personally, I don’t make New Year resolutions anymore. At least not the solid, carved in stone type. A whole year is a little too big for me. I am not the most patient person and a full year is just too far away to consider right now. Rather, I prefer to set achievable goals in small increments. Sometimes this happens on daily basis. This serves me well at this particular juncture in my journey.
Being on the tail end of a year that is turning out to likely be the biggest year of change in my life, I am glad I didn’t have lofty aspirations to live up to or feel guilty that I didn’t meet because I would not have met them. Not this year.
But here I am again in late December and considering a fresh beginning in 2015. The path of my year ahead is far less defined than it has ever been so I am left wondering what goals I want to set in the midst of all this change. I am on a mission for what I want my life to look like so this is important.
Ultimately, I have decided to go big picture. Nothing truly measurable but yet more important than any goals I have set to date. Failure is not an option.
So, in the spirit of the season, here is my top 10 to work on in 2015:
- I want to be a better person. Kinder, more thoughtful, more loving, more giving.
- I would like to be more patient and tolerant with those who don’t operate at warp speed like I tend to do.
- I want to learn to open up, be less guarded and trust more.
- I want to procrastinate less and work more efficiently.
- I want to learn to say no. Everything is not my job.
- I want to have more fun and not work so hard.
- I want to look hot in a bikini, no matter what weight that turns out to be.
- I would like to travel and have some new adventures.
- I want to jump out of an airplane.
- I want to learn to focus solely on quality and not quantity. In all areas of my life.
These may be some lofty goals but they are goals that I can achieve and have some measure of success with each and every day. They are the most important goals that I have ever set.
Daily success, no matter how small, is still success. This appeals to me and with each success will motivate me to go even bigger and higher.
What’s your top 10? How will you change your world in 2015?